The presents have been opened, the stockings have been de-stuffed, and even though the holidays are still technically going, it’s THAT time again. It is time for us to get re-serious about work and school, to make promises we hope to keep for the next 365 days and to run with that fresh, new feeling 1/1 gives us.
Therefore, I present to you, the ten things I’m hoping to accomplish this year! Wish me luck, as I hope you get inspired, too…but mostly, just enjoy the last bit of your holiday season, as well as everything that will follow it this year, in 2014🙂
- First and foremost, GLiTTER&LiFE will be better (No, I still haven’t decided how it will be different – just betterrr!). Writing is my passion, and on here, I can make it however I want.
- You probably know that with where I was a couple of months ago, I would’ve taken any job, for little money, and been fine, but instead, my waiting and hard work payed off, because I couldn’t be happier with my creative job! So, I vow to work even harder there, learning as much as I can and truly benefiting the company and our PR clients.
- I’d like to see my family as much as I did when I was unemployed. They are my everything, so I’m looking forward to random road trips to the country for my grandparents, my hometown for my parents and Fort Worth for my brother!
- This one is tough, but I guess it’s finally time; once a month, I’m going to cook for my boyfriend. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but guys, I’m real bad in the kitchen, and he loves whipping me up something to eat, so I can handle something every 30 days, right?
- During the new year, I also need to work on making more time for things other than work and television. I get home at 6:30, it’s dark, I’m hungry, and my DVR is holding, like, eight new juicy shows for me. I’m pretty sure that I can use some weekends and evenings for other stuff, though, like fashion events, happy hours with friends or maybe even reading (I have so many books checked out of the library right now!).
- I’d like to use time to do charity/volunteer work, too. Ever since I adopted my cat from the Austin Humane Society, I’ve been meaning to volunteer there. Even if I never officially sign up for their orientation, I want to start my weekend dates with my boyfriend back up, where we just visit animal shelters to play and cheer up the pets! I could start carrying can goods in my car, too, for homeless people I pass on the street, another thing I’ve been meaning to start.
- Going back to number five, I do plan on reading more! I’ve always loved to, I have just been choosing The Real Housewives over The Catcher and The Rye, though, but I’ll get back on track, to educate and inspire myself.
- I will tighten and tone – and attempt to prevent a future of diabetes and heart disease – by going to the gym three times a week. With a boyfriend who trains at Gold’s (Need a trainer?!), I can SO do this.
- My love for writing and old-school things causes me to send random letters at times, and I’d like this to increase since a. it brightens days b. it keeps me in touch with distant friends and family and c. it gives me something purposeful to do with all my colored pens!
- Fashion is super important to me, and I love being able to dress cute every single day, so I will maintain this, which shouldn’t be hard, with my obsessions; however, there are those days during the month when I’d rather die in my sweatpants than actually put shoes and a bra on…I’ll fight those in 2014!