We’re a little over a month into the big 2-0-1-4, and I’ve been working full-time for a little over three months, therefore, it is time for a quick survey…
First up, my New Year Resolutions:
- I wanted to blog more – and I still do – I WILL MAKE MORE TIME!
- I vowed to work my butt off at work – and I need to up it – I WILL WORK HARDER!
- Seeing my family more was on the list – and I have seen them – AND I HAVE MORE PLANS TO DO SO! 🙂
- Cooking seems like something I should do – but I hardly ever do for my boyfriend – SO I’LL TRY!
- More of an actual life is needed – and I do make time for things – BUT THIS COULD ALWAYS IMPROVE! 😉
- I said I’d volunteer – and I have – AND I’M READY FOR MORE! 🙂
- Reading was a resolution – and I’ve opened two books since 1/1 – SO I’LL OPEN ‘EM EVEN MORE! 😉
- Working out – oh, working out – THIS.STARTS.TODAY!
- Lastly, I said I’d look oh-so cute everyday – and I put effort into my style most days – BUT MAYBE A SHOPPING SPREE?!;)
Next up, let’s check in on life in general. I don’t know about you, but some days, it’s just super hard to get out of bed, and I don’t want to be that person, so here’s how I’ve been getting through:
- Every morning, I wake up my staring at a bright screen; of course, I always have my phone next to me, and it is nice to start the day by seeing who got engaged on Facebook, what Bravolebrities are saying on Twitter and – my favorite – what new quotes I can post on Instagram.
- By finding a real kick-a inspiration line, I can post it to a. get lots of likes;) and b. motivate myself that “this is my life,” and “I do choose to be happy!”
- Then, as I slowly get out of bed, I start my list of thankfulness, because how cool is it that I have a big, pink, fluffy bed? How nice is it that my coffee maker can deliver lattes? How blessed am I to have so many outfits to choose from in a heated home? How lucky that I drive in Bevo Squarepants? See, the day is great!
- To keep the love and sanity going throughout the day, I’ve realized that I need breaks, and these come in a variety of ways. My workdays are pretty crazy, but I like to a. get up and walk/stretch b. pull myself away from PR emails/allow myself to shop online/text c. make lists, to show my progress/see what else I need to do and d. countdown to the evening, my favorite part of any weekday, when I feel proud of the money I earned/excited to drink wine, eat pizza, catch up with loved ones and watch Bravo.
For further, deeperrr reading on this, check out these great tips from HuffPo:
1. See a counselor. 2. Go for a walk. 3. Let the sun warm your skin. 4. Read a book. 5. Eat right. 6. Stop drinking (so much?). 7. Fall in love. 8. Laugh. 9. Create. 10. Connect with your dreams. 11. Have the courage to change.